Petunia Tot Family Day Care provides a respectful, safe, natural, educational environment where children can learn at their own pace giving children the support they need to succeed. Individual teaching, introducing them to real life experiences and allowing them to freely express themselves.
• The daycare receives a rating score for quality in Early Childhood Environments based on the Family Child Environment Rating Scale for Space & Furnishings, Personal Care Routines, Listening & Talking, Activities, Interaction, Program Structure, Parents & Provider
• Child is assessed to measure the development from early infancy to Kindergarten using the Desired Results Developmental Profile
• We accept children who are enrolled in "Options for Learning" subsidy program
• Sanitation procedures are taken seriously and performed weekly and at times on the spot sanitizing
• Toileting procedures include individual towels, tote for diapers & wipes, cubby for extra clothes & diaper changing log
• Children sleep on cots, the same cot stays with child until the duration of care
• Cot blanket & sheets are individualized & stored separately
• Classroom study & activities are done indoors and outdoors if weather permits
• Curriculum, routines & environment are similar to those of preschool & Kindergarten giving the child an easy transitition. Curriculum may change based on the individual interests or curiosity of the child(ren)
The facility if fully gated and entrance can only be accessed through the "RING" system; All play equipment & areas where children spend the day have been retrofitted for safety; Staff performs monthly fire & earthquake drills with the children; We have written evacuation procedures to safely evacuate children and reunite parents with children in case of an emergency or natural disaster; Children are required to have an emergency "Comfort Kit" to use in case of an emergency or natural disaster;
Staff undergoes continuous specialized training in all areas of child development; The staff are parents themselves as well as educated in child development; Staff is CPR, First Aid & Health & Safety certified; Staff is bi-lingual Spanish and children are introduced to the language through books, songs & conversation.
DAILY SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
7:30 & 8:30 – Breakfast
9:30-10:00 – Circle time-children learn to recognize the alphabet, numbers, shapes, colors, pledge of allegiance, today is, days in the week, yoga, & subjects that help develop their Cognitive, Social Emotional, Fine & Gross Motor Skills.
10:30-11:15 – Recess
11:30-12:30 – Lunch
12:30-2:30 – Nap Time
2:30-3:30 – Story Time & Group time
3:30-4:00 – Snack Time
4:00-5:00 – Group Creative Time/Sensory Play
5:00-5:30 – Recess
Provider observes 10 Federal paid holidays. Include New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day.